Appropriate for anyone who can swim at least 50m of front crawl stroke with a reasonable level of comfort in the water, the workshop includes expert instruction, individual feedback, detailed video analysis and a downloadable front crawl self-coaching course so you can easily continue to coach yourself after the workshop.
• be able to swim more than just a few lengths and not feel exhausted when you finish
• swim confidently in open water
• finish the swim leg of a triathlon with energy left for the bike and run
• swim faster with less effort
• You will learn the principles of Total Immersion swimming including breathing, balance and streamlining.
• Understand the principles of efficient front crawl swimming so that you understand how to improve, what to avoid and common myths of swimming.
• You will learn how to practice and integrate your learning into your regular swimming and training.
• Using video analysis, you will see yourself swim both under the water and above water and learn precisely what you need to do to improve.
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
During the day there will be 4 hours of pool time split across two sessions with classroom sessions in between. The classroom sessions will cover the principles of Total Immersion swimming as well as detailed feedback from your swimming videos.
Please bring your own packed lunch.
The workshop costs £225 which includes all tuition, analysed videos and a downloadable freestyle self-coaching course so you can easily continue to coach yourself after the workshop.
* It’s really important to attend all the sessions. I’m afraid we won’t be able to offer refunds or offer alternative sessions for any session you may miss but we will do our best to make sure you have the materials and advice needed to catch up
Our step-by-step approach will show you how to swim efficient, fast front crawl with no stress and no pressure.
To get the most out of the course you will need to be confident in the water and able to swim a little of any stroke and be happy in the deep end. If you are not comfortable putting your face in the water please contact Sarah before booking 07966 005558.
It doesn’t mean you can’t do the course we just want to make sure it’s the right option for you.
Yes. We will teach you how to be more efficient and relaxed in the water so that you swim faster and save energy. Video analysis will show you where you can improve, and we will give you all the drills and skills needed to practice in your own time.
Yes. We work with anyone who likes swimming and wants to learn more, whatever your goals. We will teach you how to be efficient and relaxed in the water so that you can enjoy your swimming even more.
This course is suitable for people who can already swim and able to swim 50m front crawl unsupported and be confident in the deep end of a swimming pool. If you are not yet at this stage, please get in touch with us to book some one-to-one lessons.
The course is aimed at people who can swim 50m of front crawl and want to improve. If you’re not sure then please get in touch to find out if the workshop is suitable, or how else we can help.
This course is about learning good technique so does not involve swimming lots of hard lengths. This means that it shouldn’t be physically tiring, and you don’t need to be especially fit to enjoy the day, However, learning something new can sometimes be mentally tiring especially as we will be giving you lots of information throughout the day.
This course is aimed at adult swimmers, so the minimum age is 18.
Please bring your swimming costume or trunks, goggles and a towel. You may like to bring a couple of each so that you have a dry costume and towel for the second session. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Swim hats will be provided.
Bolton train station is a 10-minute drive away, the nearest Metro station – Hall i’the Wood is just over a mile away. The area has an excellent motorway network; Sharples School is 20 min drive from the M60 and M65 making it easily accessible by car. Free car parking is available on site.
Unfortunately, refunds can’t be offered if you are unable to attend the scheduled date, but if reasonable notice is given that a participant cannot attend we will wherever possible try to reallocate your place.