Front crawl workshop
Our next Front Crawl workshop will be on 16th October 2022 12 noon -7.45pm, booking now open here!
A one-day workshop where you will learn how to swim front crawl easily and efficiently. Appropriate for anyone who can swim at least 50m of front crawl stroke with a reasonable level of comfort in the water, the workshop includes expert instruction, individual feedback and detailed video analysis.
If you want to….
• be able to swim more than just a few lengths and not feel exhausted when you finish
• swim confidently in open water
• finish the swim leg of a triathlon with energy left for the bike and run
• swim faster with less effort
…then this is the workshop for you!
Who should take this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
What will you learn?
• You will learn the principles of Total Immersion swimming including breathing, balance and streamlining.
• Understand the principles of efficient front crawl swimming so that you understand how to improve, what to avoid and common myths of swimming.
• You will learn how to practice and integrate your learning into your regular swimming and training.
• Using video analysis, you will see yourself swim both under the water and above water and learn precisely what you need to do to improve.
What happens during the day?
During the day there will be 4 hours of pool time split across two sessions with classroom sessions in between. The classroom sessions will cover the principles of Total Immersion swimming as well as detailed feedback from your swimming videos.
Please bring your own packed lunch.
The workshop costs £225 which includes all tuition, analysed videos and a downloadable freestyle self-coaching course so you can easily continue to coach yourself after the workshop.
I’m a triathlete will this workshop help me swim faster?
Yes. We will teach you how to be more efficient and relaxed in the water so that you swim faster and save energy. Video analysis will show you where you can improve, and we will give you all the drills and skills needed to practice in your own time.
I’m not a triathlete or open water swimmer. I just like swimming indoors for fitness and fun. Is the workshop suitable?
Yes. We work with anyone who likes swimming and wants to learn more, whatever your goals. We will teach you how to be efficient and relaxed in the water so that you can enjoy your swimming even more.
I can’t swim at all is this course suitable?
This course is suitable for people who can already swim and able to swim 50m front crawl unsupported and be confident in the deep end of a swimming pool. If you are not yet at this stage, please get in touch with us to book some one-to-one lessons.
I can only swim breast stroke. Is this course suitable for me?
The course is aimed at people who can swim 50m of front crawl and want to improve. If you’re not sure then please get in touch to find out if the workshop is suitable, or how else we can help.
How fit do I need to be? Will the sessions be physically tiring?
This course is about learning good technique so does not involve swimming lots of hard lengths. This means that it shouldn’t be physically tiring, and you don’t need to be especially fit to enjoy the day, However, learning something new can sometimes be mentally tiring especially as we will be giving you lots of information throughout the day.
Is there a minimum age requirement?
This course is aimed at adult swimmers, so the minimum age is 18.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring your swimming costume or trunks, goggles and a towel. You may like to bring a couple of each so that you have a dry costume and towel for the second session. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Swim hats will be provided.
What are my transport/parking options?
Bolton train station is a 10-minute drive away, the nearest Metro station – Hall i’the Wood is just over a mile away. The area has an excellent motorway network; Sharples School is 20 min drive from the M60 and M65 making it easily accessible by car. Free car parking is available on site.
What’s the refund policy?
Unfortunately, refunds can’t be offered if you are unable to attend the scheduled date, but if reasonable notice is given that a participant cannot attend we will wherever possible try to reallocate your place.